SPANISH & SKI PACK FOR SCHOOLS
(Sundays to Saturdays, 2018)
O’Sullivans- The Language School and THE PYRENEAN EXPERIENCE have combined to prepare Spanish & Ski weeks for school groups from Ireland and the U.K.
O’Sullivans has been organising residential language training for over twenty-five years and is considered to be one of the leading companies in this sector. A highly motivated, dynamic team of teachers ensures that all students acquire the skills and confidence to communicate effectively in the language studied. Our courses focus on developing students’ speaking and listening abilities though grammar is also taught and practised as required.
For school groups a Total Immersion in Spanish is offered. From the moment they arrive in Panticosa they will hear and be encouraged to communicate only in Spanish. An important part of the experience will be communicating to waiters, shops, local people and ski resort personnel only in Spanish. The ski classes will also be in Spanish and depending on level of ski, the classes will be shared with young Spanish people.
There will also be 20 hours of Spanish classes and activities in small groups.
The Pyrenean Experience is a registered travel agency which has been operating for over 15 years. It organises ski holidays, cycling tours and events along with climbing, walking, and multi-activity mountain packages. (packages which include accommodation, travel and professional guides).
Accommodation for school groups is in 2, 3 & 4-bed en-suite rooms in Pension Panticosa and Hotel Vicente. Breakfasts are in the accommodation, lunches are on the slopes and the evening meal is in a local restaurant.
Arrive Zaragoza. Group will be met by a rep from The Pyrenean Experience for transfer to Panticosa. On arrival group will settle into hotel, have dinner and have early night.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY ( Guide)
08:30: Go to ski resort to collect ski equipment
09:00: Take Gondola/ Cable-car to slopes
09:30 to 11:30: Ski School
11:30 to 13:30: Free Ski & Practice
13:45: Lunch in On-slope Restaurant
14:30: Descent to village to store equipment, shower and change
15:30 to 20:15: Spanish Classes and Activities ( Aprox four hours will be spent in practical classes but there will also be activities with other Spanish young people such swimming pool and sports activities).
22:30: Bed ( or at a time decided by accompanying adult).
525€ per person
- Six Nights Half-board, five lunches
- Five Days Ski Pass & Rental
- 10 Hour Ski Course ( in Spanish)
- On-slope Insurance ( covers rescue, x-rays, dressings ,hospital transfers). Everyone should also bring their European health cards
- 20 Hours of Spanish Class & Activities and Material
- Airport Transfer from Zaragoza. ( transfer from Barcelona Airport has a 50E supplement)
- 1 x Ski Jacket
- 1 x Ski trousers/ “salopette”
- 1x Good waterproof gloves
- A few Thermal tops or tshirts for under coat
- A few pairs of Ski Socks (avoid walking socks if possible as will rub)
- Fleece/jacket for under coat
- 1 x Muffler/snood (scarfs usually fly into your face/ catch on things)
- Ski Goggles
- Shorts & T-shirt and trainers for Sports Centre
- Swim Suit ( we supply pool towels)